View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Well that's awesome Tammi. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Bet your DH gets frustrated he can't sneak anything by your eagle eyes. Haha.
LOL! I read this to him and he said "That's why I don't even try anymore!"
Once it gets here, I'll probably need a few days to put it back together - everything is out - all of the shafts and all. The only one that didn't want to come out was the presser foot lever and since it's chrome if it's well masked but a tiny bit of over spray gets on it, it won't matter because it will come off easily.

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I can't wait to see it and I bet you can't either! How nice that hubby has access to what I will presume is going to be a fabulous paint job!

I'd love to try my hand at one needing a re-do but would have to go the do-it-yourself method. I'm eager to see how it comes out!
Oh yeah,... I'm like a toddler before Christmas!

You know, I sprayed the better part of half a motorcycle here a bunch of years ago. Someone threw it down the road before we got it. I used a air compressor with a 10Gal tank and a HPLV paint gun I found at Princess Auto - our equivalent of Harbor Freight. I masked off the inside of the plastic shed we had at the time and went to town. The shed was forever "pink" - The bike was Honda Red - after that. The biggest thing was the sanding of the clear coat to remove the orange peel between coats, not fun but the work was worth it. It can be done DIY but with a similar quality. I was working up the nerve to do that and picking a color then DH took the matter out of my hands.

The dealership's auto body shop will do a way better job than I will though for sure! Also, there's a chance that Deep Impact Blue is a pearl color. If it is - it's really hard for a newb to spray evenly. Apparently harder than a metal flake.