Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What sewing things did Santa Bring you? >

What sewing things did Santa Bring you?

What sewing things did Santa Bring you?

Old 12-31-2014, 01:54 PM

OK, so here's what Santa brought me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504278[/ATTACH]

It came in the T-leg table you see here. I've ordered two parts (so far) that were broken: top arm thread guide/tension disk and the belt cover assembly. Once I decide on the exact Servo I'll be buying, I'll then order the recommended belt.

It has a few small dings but nothing major. Hopefully I'll get it running soon!
Attached Thumbnails juki8700front.jpg   juki8700angle.jpg   juki8700nose.jpg  
Old 12-31-2014, 02:49 PM

mmm,.. I do have a soft spot for the Juki machines. My Juki was what got me into frame quilting.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:09 PM

I think I posted this before........My Hubby wanted to surprise me, so he had my DD order the AccuQuilt Go Big for him. Then DD and family got the nice rolling travel case for it! Has a place for a cutting mat, dies and all the goodies.
I have the Go Cutter, but old age makes turning that crank difficult at times. There were other very thoughtful gifts, but thats all the 'quilty' stuff. The greatest blessing was just having my sweet DD and DGS here with us!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:40 PM

NICE Juki !

my best Christmas present was a "Grandma" coffee mug from my grandson. he was officially adopted on Oct 1,2014. and is 3years old.

second I brought for myself. I believe it is a Singer 28. not sure. the ID # is not listed. I read T52892.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]504412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504413[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 03:45 PM

I always wanted a hand crank, and now I have one. Oh is it dirty! my biggest problem is it is a shuttle and I have NO idea of a shuttle. it is in there and I can see thread so there is a spool in there also. guess what I am going to be learning��
karen
Old 01-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
I always wanted a hand crank, and now I have one. Oh is it dirty! my biggest problem is it is a shuttle and I have NO idea of a shuttle. it is in there and I can see thread so there is a spool in there also. guess what I am going to be learning��
karen
Muv has a lot of good info on those long bobbins. With out her info I'd never have learned to love one.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
karen
They're really not difficult to run. My first vintage (now she's an antique) sewing machine was a 27 and I learned to manage her right after I learned to sew from the manual no less! They're a little intimidating because they're "different" than we're used to but they work really well.