View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:55 AM
NJ Quilter

Welcome from NJ.

I think I would haul everything home with me and cull through the entire stash before putting anything up for sale. And I have a really small house and this would be more than a chore for me! But that said, as Barb in Louisiana pointed out, replacing these items is expensive! As to the books, what appeals to you now at a quick glance may not be something you want to keep. On the other hand, some really detailed titles may not appeal to you currently only to find later they could have been a great resource. Fabric, maybe not so much. I do not keep a 'stash' per se. I just simply don't have the room as well as knowing my tastes change relatively rapidly. I know I could spend a fortune on fabric that today is awesome and in a month go 'what was I thinking'. Or, but a chunk of it and realize that I don't have enough of that particular fabric to make what I'd like to with it. I'm not a 'scrappy' quilter. You might need to find your style first before making those determinations.

I, too, am a self-taught quilter by watching Simply Quilts while it was being broadcast. I have an earlier version of EQ and do use it but certainly not to the level I could. As others have pointed out, it is great for designing a quilt and giving you cutting sizes and yardage requirements but if you are unsure of basic block designs, until you become more familiar with them, it might not be that helpful. If there is an older version of EQ in her stash, try using that for a bit before spending lots of $$ on the most current version.