View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
quiltingcandy

Try and decide why you want the embroidery part of the machine. and how much you want to spend If you want Disney then you need to go with Brother machines. Others may tell you that you can get them and alter them but I have not tried. (Too afraid it is Disney trying to trap folks.) I have the Husqvarna Topaz 20 and very happy with it. I bought it on impulse because the price was too good to pass up. It was a floor model so all the bugs (if any) had been worked out and I was given a full warranty. I leave it as an embroidery machine all the time since I have the Janome 6600P and a Singer 15-91. But if I ever want to sew jeans, it has a stitch like Levi uses and a bunch more.

I do love playing with my embroidery machine - this year for my daughter's 5th grade class I made bookmarks with all different sayings and owls. It was so much fun. And it is fun to make baby quilts with sayings and pictures. Oh and I have put names on shirts, jackets and towels for kids where my other daughter works.

So get a machine that has at least a 200mm x 260mm hoop - you can always attach a smaller hoop but you want to be able to expand without having to buy a new machine.