View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Leslie333

Default UFO - Should I dig it out?

OK, this seems really silly, but I have a UFO that I'm not sure I want to pull out to try to finish. A bit of history....I started quilting probably 25 years ago and quilted for about 10 years or so. The last project I worked on was a kaleidoscope quilt using fabric from my young son's curtains in our old house. I had to buy more fabric and the fabric runs weren't exactly the same so the sets of pieces for the kaleidoscope blocks weren't perfect. And I'm a perfectionist. It was a very frustrating for me, especially since I had cut up curtains that I had made for him. If I remember correctly, I have the top mostly together except for the borders, which again were requiring matching of fabric from 2 different runs. This was the last quilt I worked on before I took a 10 year break. The quilt wasn't the whole reason. I discovered scrapbooking and took a detour for a while, but have found my way back to quilting because I missed it. I've been "back" for about 4 years. This top that isn't finished keeps haunting me, but I'm half afraid to find it to work on and get totally frustrated again and stop quilting. My son is now 19, so the juvenile animal print isn't something I could really even use for anyone I know. Am I just being silly? Should I find it and finish it?