View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:25 PM
csharp

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Some of the newer pulleys are very poor quality. Don't skimp if you find one for less. Ray White sells them and I guess he tests them somehow. I can get them from my supplier but I don't anymore. The last one I installed ate itself in less than a day of use. There's an elna heirloom yahoo group and they have some sort of pulley they've created that's made of aluminum and uses rubber O-Rings for the contact spot with the handwheel. If I was going to change a pulley again, I'd probably go that route. That way if you get a flat spot, you can just change

the O-Ring out and keep going.

The other things that help a new pulley stay round are to loosen the handwheel when the machine will be out of service for more than a week, and/or giving the handwheel a turn whenever you walk past it.

Lastly, you don't need a special puller tool to change the pulley. I can do it in about 2 minutes with a quick grip and a pair of pliers and a pin or with a punch.

The hook / two parts bobbin case in these machines are a challenge to disassemble to clean right, but once they're back together the machine does stitch very nicely. There's a video on YouTube that is a bunch of stills that can help a lot with this.
So to get to all these parts...do you take the bottom of the machine off...I've tried the screws there and right now they are not loosening up, but did put a lot of oil on them, and I'll try to get them unscrewed tomorrow. The machine is cleaned as much as I can get too, and it sews wonderfully but is noisy and I have no cams to check that part out. Thanks for all your comments. Keep them coming if you can help me out. Thanks It also has a power flickering problem, so I'm guessing the electrical needs tweaked...anybody know anything about that with these machines???

Last edited by csharp; 01-03-2015 at 04:28 PM.