View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Aszule

Originally Posted by Basketman View Post
I guess it is all about your determination to succeed and then finding the path to make it all happen. I know from experience that I had zero sewing skills as well and a "crash course" of maybe one hour from a friend was my introduction to quilting. I launched into a king sized quilt with 50 blocks with maybe 40 half square triangle in each block, biased edges, directional fabrics, setting zig zags between the blocks and it came out square! Maybe just "dumb luck" but I never retreat from anything... I just advance in a different direction. That said, I also agree it is nice to have a mentor and being able to discuss those areas that give you the greatest concern and get some direct advice. I know when I needed some pointers and I went to the internet I was so inexperienced I did not even know how to ask an informed question and search out the answer...so do the best of both worlds. GO FOR IT...one can never aim too high, getting there that makes for an interesting journey, find an adviser to hold the safety net and best of luck!
Thanks,

I am really determined to make it happen even if I have to give it to her for her baby's 1st birthday. I do appreciate the advice about going to a sewing store and getting help, I'll do that. I am just stubborn enough to make it happen.