View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Grace creates

I do admire your determination. You may be able to handle this with lots of determination. I suggest you look at a few you tube video's to see how it's done. I did that and it didn't look to hard. I made my own ruler with template plastic. I don't suggest doing that. I kept cutting into the ruler and that became a disaster. The cutting is tough because your cutting through so many layers of fabric. I did not find the sewing so tough, but the cutting was really hard. I would buy some cheap fabric and try the cutting with that for a few blocks and then make a decision. I good way to begin learning quilting techniques is to sign up at your local quilt shop for a block of the month. It usually is free or very low cost and you all meet once a month and learn a new skill with that months block. The fabrics are given to you and you end up with a really nice sampler quilt block in the end. Good news many quilt shops start their block of the month in Jan. and you can still do the one block wonder if you want.