Thread: Embroidery help
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Bneighbor

I agree about printing out different size fonts, audition you size and location. Depending on the fabric you are embroidering on, your stableizer is important. On a mid-weight cotton or cotton/poly blend apron a medium weight cut away or tear away would be fine, since the size and amount of lettering is not great. On aprons, I prefer cut away since it will hold the embroidery thought multiple washings. I do not understand the poster suggesting fabric softener sheets. Sorry, but I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using one. Products not intended to be used for embroidery stabilizer (such as softener sheets, coffee filters, Saran wrap, paper towels, Stretch and Seal etc.) may cause damage to your embroidery machine. The cost of repairing a machine that you may have paid thousands of dollars for, is not worth the few pennies saved by using these items. Yes, there are people who swear by those products, and have been lucky not having a problem, BUT, I have seen the damage (and have personally paid for repairs) and it is not worth it. Embroidery stabilizers have been produced and refined to give our embroidery a professional look and feel. You would never think of using olive oil instead of motor oil in your car, why use something as a stableizer for your embroidery that is intended to soften your laundry or wrap your leftovers in?

Last edited by Bneighbor; 01-06-2015 at 04:27 PM.