View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Cybrarian

Our 2 fur babies are litter mates we rescued, and just in time. Our son thought he needed a dog, and having said goodby to our sweet Gadget (feline leukemia) we said we would like one also. A man who worked under his supervision was a rat terrier and beagle breeder. Well there was a Romeo and Juliet situation so he had a litter of Rat Beagles. As a breeder he couldn't sell mixed dogs and was so ticked at the dog parents he was going to put the puppies down if he couldn't give them away. Our DS chose the male runt "Remy" and picked his feisty sister "Sadie" for us. He lives in GA so by the time he came down to us he had wised up to the fact that he wasn't ready for puppies. Our babies are 6 yrs old now and Sadie runs the show. Remy is deaf - and this makes him insecure- Sadie makes sure he knows what's going on and protects him fiercely. To the point we don't take them to the dog park any more because Sadie can be a bully (she is under the impression she is a wolf hound so the size of any other dog doesn't intimidate her). She has to have her head elevated most of the time when she's sleeping, she loves her pillows; Remy always wants to sleep on Dad's lap. We love them, but hunters are a handful! We can't have a cat, because they think cats are just really good looking squirrels- and squirrels are prey! So are lizards, grubs, beetles and- Sadie's favorite- snakes. Have some sweet babies at the Rainbow Bridge- my parents were cocker spaniel breeders when I was young- so they were all there with ours to greet my Mom. The good byes are temporary ( my belief is that no way was God going to create all these amazing animals and not give them an eternity too!), but my heart goes out to all who have lost beautiful companions. Joy, comfort and unconditional love are the gifts they give us.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505186[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg