View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

A little rough. a term used by someone that doesn't refinish treadles. aka to the untrained eye. a little veneer peeling off. Now remove the machine head, and look at the edges inside the cabinet, see those slight dark gaps, the wiggly edges of the wood. The hinges are a little loose and have dark wood around the screws ..

ok teh gaps and wigglies, means the entire top is delaminating ( falling apart) has to be stripped down , reglued. dark wood at the screws = rotten wood

These's are just the things you would see, untill you get inside and look, you will see the veneer, to replace all of it will cost right at $100 for only the replacment veneer. The rest is untold with out seeing the cabinet.

I base price at $20 on the low $50 at the top end. which kinda sucks, I'll also give 20 to 30 for a bare stand.

Your right here . close to me, I feel you do look at C/L maybe you saw that Jones for $25 or many of the other complete treadles for under 50. Right now I could go get a working mid 20's singer for $40, never seen it but have talked on the phone with them. it's a private deal. I know of a new home needs work same price.

flip side it could turn to be a 1847 Howe