Old 01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Wow! Ro - I really think it depends on where you're located. Here in our small town that is really economically devastated...our thrift shops are pretty reasonable. They have their moments of outrageous pricing but as of late are getting a lot better. But I do notice, if you drive 35 minutes west of us towards Cleveland, Ohio...things that might be $4.89 in our local store are more like $10.98 at their stores. Now - because I'm stocking up I tried to buy everything on sale. We go about once or twice a week as I have three little kids and a baby on the way - so I'm always looking for inexpensive clothing. Our shop as two color tags on sale, today was pink and yellow - pink was 75% off and yellow is 50% off. So I tried to buy only pink and yellow tagged items unless there was something I REALLY loved and didn't want to take a chance of waiting on...but even if I love something, it has to be priced reasonable or I pass. I have to...or our weekly budget would be useless! LOL We are very thrifty in that regard...we joke our average is always $10-$15 per visit unless we are buying furniture! LOL Very rarely do we spend more than that...but like I said we go once a week or more for that way of shopping to work for us! LOL

Today I paid $2.45 for one jacket and $1.22 for the other...so I'd say for $4 I got quite a lot of wool! I only get two colors out of them...but I imagine in a few short weeks of shopping I'll stock up pretty quickly. I am planning to fill out the colors with some on line purchases...colors that I won't use larger quantities of. I'm so glad you all shared this great tip with me!