View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Sewnoma

Ohh, I love all of these lists! I am getting some good ideas, too. LOL

For me it's soapmaking, book binding and other various paper/paperboard crafts (little boxes and things), beading (simple jewelry-making), cooking (I make great soup), used to garden but have no dog-free yardspace now, hand and machine sewing of all sorts of things (except clothes), hand and machine embroidery, drawing, painting (all types; from watercolors to oil paintings to faux finishes on walls), minor furniture refurbishment/reupholstering... I suppose you could say programming but that's more my job than my hobby. I also read sci fi and fantasy books like they're air I need to breathe; I probably read 3-4 books in a week, but I don't even count that as a hobby because it's so necessary; that's just how I live. (I'm also an insomniac.)

Pretty sure I'm forgetting something, DH & I both dabble in a LOT of artsy-fartsy things and we have a house full of art/craft, music and sewing studios instead of having children (or ever leaving the house) and we're slowly trying to clear "shop" space in the garage so we can get into woodworking as that's something we're both interested in. He's a photographer/musician/painter and very handy in the garage and kitchen. (AND he looks SO good in an apron! LOL)