View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I saw someone posting about their jigsaw puzzle addiction and it rang a bell for me. I wonder how many of us have similar hobbies?

Just a year ago before Christmas I was just starting in with my interest in vintage machines and knew I wanted to learn to quilt. It was last years resolution. I made my first quilt last year start to finish and now can safely say I am a quilter. ) My sister in law saw how many sewing/quilting things I had asked for that previous Christmas and asked me with concern "how do you know you'll like it?" Easy, it incorporates all the things I love!

I like sewing, jigsaw puzzles, brain teasers, researching stuff, and vintage machines. I'm a crafter, I love attention to detail, I'm a perfectionist and can get a little OCD sometimes. I also have a tendancy to collect and to be drawn to the unusual. I have kept parrots, and have less than the usual breed dogs...a Chinese Crested (hairless) and Havanese (cuban). One of my past hobbies was building 1/12 scale dollhouses.

What about everyone else?
I posted about my addiction to jigsaw puzzles. I have the puzzle board set up in an area in the kitchen and we have a jigsaw puzzle on it at all times. The grandkids come over and immediately ask about the puzzle on the board. My DH and I also work crossword puzzles. We buy two of the same book and then compare our answers. I have a Samsung tablet which I have loaded the Scrabble game on and we occasionally play scrabble in the evening using the pass and work option. It is great fun. There are many fun hobbies but I am still partial to my SMA and my quilting of charity lap quilts.