Old 01-15-2015, 03:12 PM
cminor

I am really having a hard time because she really does think that it is a good price. And I want to be ok with it. I really do like her a lot - I did enjoy making the quilt - I am soo glad she thought enough of me to even ask me to make this. I know she is very very close to this neice.

But...even with all that said.....its hard to look at those numbers. Believe me - she by no means intended to offend me. I don't doubt for a second that she really appreciates the work and the time. And if I told her I wanted $800.00 she very well may pay that - but I would never do something like that. It is my fault for not knowing what I was getting into. But as I said before - lesson learned. Even for a good friend...be careful.

As a side note - she made a T-shirt quilt top for her son last year. She sent it to her friend out of state to "quilt". This friend tied it - put the back on - took quite a long time to do it - and charged her like $300.00. At that time I felt bad and told her - don't ever do that again - I can help you! And I would.....But in this case it was more than just putting the back on and tying it.

Its just one of those things to learn the hard way. Even though all this is said and done - I am glad to have gone through the experience.