Thread: mystery treadle
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 04:16 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

Default mystery treadle

first off, There is a treadle at Freds, it's a new home stand, they used a singer table top. then out of old paneling made drawers. At first sight it looks like a singer plain Jane 4 drawer in pickled oak

Because of all the cabinets I didn't even see this one untill yesterday. I seeing this it came off japanese, by the front door. which was hanging there by one hinge. open it up and there's a late model brown singer treadle. it also had electrical setup inside , maybe an add on.

I do think the cabinet and door are original. The machine is a clone it badge is a sticker with 1952 delux model. FYI this clone is better than any real singer I have ever seen, very quite, only clicks at the feed dogs, put fabric in there and there is no sound at all when treadling.

So, I've always wondered and done many years trying to find when singer stopped making treadles.

The interior wood on the cabinet looks like mahogany . The type used starting late 50's in the USA as a plywood back sheet. as in the back of old paneling. yet most Asian wood products after WW II was made of mahogany, cheap light weight wood.

The door just comes off again in design. but many of the 50 / 60's console stereo's had a simpler design.

so what is this thing, Asian singer ? last of the USA made treadles ? or Home made ?
It's real !!! It had a piece of old paneling nailed over the back sheeting. I just removed the paneling. It's a real parlor cabinet no question.. from when and where ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506245[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506272[/ATTACH]

I doubt very much this machine goes to the cabinet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506273[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0371.jpg   100_0373.jpg