Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I totally understand. They made me angry one day and I didn't have near that much in the cart but I just left it where it was. I hit estate sales a lot and get great bargains there. SA made me angry one day when I almost bought a sewing machine. Package with attachments was extra. The foot was also in the package. I walked again! Wasn't really that interested but just the thought!
Doesn't that drive you crazy when they don't know a darn thing about sewing or sewing machines and ask insane prices or separate the necessities needed just to run the darn thing? That would bug me too. We once went to GW and they had a table set selling for $250...the set itself was one that was currently being sold at Kmart...and if I had half a mind to I could have run right over to Kmart and bought the exact same set...for $199. Not to mention, the one at Goodwill was missing the bench that went with the set! We tried to tell someone who worked there but they weren't too interested. Oh my - they drive me nuts. But it's hard to stay away because you CAN get a bargain there...you just have to watch. I was so mad when I left SA the other day just because the guy at the counter was a booger. I understand it's Salvation Army and some of the folks are there court ordered and not necessarily for the joy of working...but this guy was just so rude so we left. I won't get into it - but I just wonder what's happened even just over the last 20 years...people seem so sour these days. It doesn't take too much effort just to be pleasant. Or pretend to be pleasant! LOL