Old 01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by roserips View Post
I am just really curious about where she came up with $2.66 an hour?
Originally Posted by cminor View Post
she came up with a total overall price after the batting and fabric total I had over what she paid. (She bought most of the top fabric - and gave me some cash for the back)

Attached is the spreadsheet to include what my labor cost ended up to be based on the total she came up with.
Basically, the "customer" paid the OP $250, and the OP wrote up a spreadsheet to show the customer how little she actually got paid for her labor. The customer didn't actually come up with $2.66/hr, that's what it worked out to be.

Reminds me of the time I made a quilt for my mother-in-law. It has over 9000 patches in it, the largest of which is 3" by 1.5". I managed to get the top done by Christmas, so I wrapped it up. After she opened it, she was rather flippant and casual about the top. My husband (her son) took her aside and made her look at the back of the top. He pointed out every seam of those 9000 patches, and told her I had stitched every single one myself. That sobered her up quite a bit and she was much more appreciative.