View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 PM
hray

Default What to do with my old machine?

About 2 years ago, my 12 year old Viking Rose (sewing and embroidery) machine started acting up--uneven stitches, and some of the touch pad buttons didn't work. Took it in to a dealer and had it tuned up, so now it sews OK, but I'm still missing the function of about half-dozen touch-buttons (these allow various stitches, access to embroidery patterns and built in lettering, etc.)

It seems it would cost a couple to several hundred dollars (at least) to have the touch-pad replaced, and still no guarantee it would fix everything.

Meanwhile, I bought a new, fancy Brother machine sewing/quilting machine (VQ3000) that I like a lot, and a relatively inexpensive Brother embroidery machine, which I've used mostly for embroidering on towels and making quilt labels.

I didn't trade in the Rose when I got the Brother. Because of a sale already in progress, I got a good deal and the dealer couldn't offer me much for the diseased Rose. But it and its accessories (like an old Amazing Box, and ancient software) are taking up space...and I don't use it...

Would you keep it?
Donate it to Goodwill or such? (now-days they want things in good working order and I can't truly say that it is, though what stitches it DOES sew are fine.)
Put it on Craigslist "as is"?
Take it to the dump?
Or...???

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hallie in NM