View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:21 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
something I did added an extra toolbar.
don't want it.
went into programs and uninstalled it.
not in programs anymore but still showing as added tool bar up top.
yes I restarted computer.
how can I get rid of this darn thing ?
thanks
whenever you upgrade or install you will be asked to choose between a quick type that they put "recomended" or to do a ”custom”. always choose "custom" & read each page. that is where they stick toolbars, home pages for your browser, & a lot of information gathering goodies. so ..as mentioned in another post, go to browser bar >> click "tools" >>right click "unlock toolbars" and remove checks from each tool bar except the one you want to keep. you can play around a bit & decide which one you want as changes happen immediately. i used to love adding new tool bars as each type had different offerings available. when i realized that six toolbars was taking a substantial amount of screen area, i decided to keep only one open & switched bac & forth among them. after you've decided which is the one you want to keep, put check next to it. make sure all others are unchecked. and click "lock toolbars". then you're done. it really doesn't matter which microsoft os you are running or which browser you are using. this works same way. i am learning a mac air now and haven't done any upgrading or downloading so cannot tell you about mac os issues. ---yet )

and have fun!!