Thread: DH:1, Mouse:0
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Mousetrap story to get your morning off to a good start....
Several years ago, while living with my younger sister while she endured "chemo", we moved into a house, in a little bitty Tennessee town, that had a severe mouse problem. The house was riddled with them. Sister's DH went to the hardware store to buy traps and found these wonderful sticky traps that were advertised as humane...not! The first morning we awoke to horrible screeching noises. All four traps had mice stuck to them! One even had two mice! Her DH had already left for a long haul run and would be gone six days. My sister starts bouncing up a down screaming ewwe! ewww! ewww! She carefully picks up one of the traps so the mouse can't touch her, and carefully caries it outside to throw it in the trash. As she stepped out the door, the wind caught it and blew it over to the neighbors house, and stuck glue side down, it to the outer wall of the house, about 7 feet up! Now my sister is faced with meeting her new neighbor, to ask for help in getting her mousetrap back to throw away...lol! All I could do to help is stand on the porch and laugh! The neighbor was kind enough to help get it down, but as he handed it back to her (with mouse still screaming,mind) and as she takes it from him, the wind caught it again! This time it stuck to the side of her pickup! I am still on the porch laughing all the harder, as she now gets to unstick it from the truck door. She finally got it pulled loose, mouse has finally shut up, she drops it into the trash, and we bought our first cup of coffee that morning on the way back from buying Decon! My sides hurt all day!
Thanks for making me laugh out loud! Although I am totally sympathetic to your sister's problem, your description of it was just what I needed today!