View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 07:33 PM
hray

Originally Posted by Imagin View Post
Yes, I did end up buying the Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 and I couldn't be happier with it. I got it late November and am on my second quilt now... I learned that most dealers will bad mouth their competition and outright lie to get your sale You really have to try the machines to know what is best for you. I'm really happy with the dealer I bought from and I know she'll be there for me if I need help. I ended up spending more than I originally intended but it was the right decision - I got a lot more machine than I thought was even possible when I first started shopping

Here are some pics from when I first brought it home:
http://imgur.com/a/iWGGS
Sad but true about some dealers; some are, uh, how can I put this diplomatically--unreasonably biased toward their machines. And then there are brands that are very snobbish--implying that if you'd consider another brand you're probably not worthy of theirs. Well, I didn't buy from them!

Like Imagin, have a Brother VQ3000--it's 2 years old now, and I really enjoy it. Did I really NEED that much machine? Maybe not, but I really wanted the 11" throat, the needle threader, the knee lifter, the great lighting...but have found that the laser is wonderful; and I'm using more of the decorative stitches than I ever thought I would.

Another thing about good sewing machines: they can last you for a decade or more; sometimes many more. Another hobby of mine is photography, and there, new technology outdates old about every 3 years, so many people expect to replace their cameras that often. Not so if you get a good sewing machine that does what you need and want in the first place.

Bw,
Hallie in NM