Old 01-22-2015, 11:47 AM
dee1245

I have used Sta-Flo liquid starch diluted equl parts for my last two quilts, the last one being king size. It held the sandwitch together for me to get it quilted on my DSM. I did both quilts as Quilt as You Go. I sprayed the starch onto the batting and left it to soak in somewhat then ironed the top to the batting. Flipped the quilt and did the back side. If it seemed like it was starting to separate, I just sprayed the fabric with water and ironed it back down. Worked for me and the cost was minimal at $2.97 a half gallon at Walmart. I don't know this method would work on a big quilt, but for Quilt as You Go, it worked perfectly. I saw this posted right here on this forum quite some time ago and tried it, because I didn't like the fumes from the temporary spray adhesive that I bought.

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I saw a basting spray at similar prices and I'm sticking right now with the Sharon Schambers's zig zag stitching. I start from the middle and work my way out. I have seen the spray starch used but not sure how that would work. Worth a shot I guess!