View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 10:07 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

Default thoughts on transporting machines

craigslist . rideshare at the bottom of the page is services, travel and some other category

often people are going places, and run an add to either take a person or items most ask for a amount of $ which covers there fuel

I'm west coast, that means interstate 5 and between Roseburg and Eugene, I want to move a SM to Seattle.. Thats 360 mile + -. Thats a 6 hr straight drive

say they want $30. you can't expect the driver to wander all over a big city looking for your house , That would need to be arranged, as would getting the SM to the driver.

yes the trust factor, few people are going to steal rat bag 50 yr old sewing machine.

Other sites I'm on this is common way to transport cars or parts, heck I've never checked there maybe sites dealing with just this. I do know of people making there living transporting building matrails via there private pickup and trailer.

This is just one add, To show you what I'm talking about.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/rid/4859638371.html

If I sent one SM from Eugene oregon to Seattle, in packaging, (guessing) cost $50, you know very well it would be damaged. plus take 2 days

most use cell phone, so meeting at a freeway gas station and handing them some $$ wouldn't be a big deal, even if it's at 11 pm