Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
thoughts  on transporting machines >

thoughts on transporting machines

thoughts on transporting machines

Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Banned

Back on track... hehe

How they moved sewing machines back in the day... this was posted on the thread on Needlebar.org where we are discussing my Singer "Send the wagons" telegram.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507837[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails singerwagon.jpg  
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 AM

TOGA has been doing this forever, they give a shout out on the list and then cobble together a Pony Express.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:50 AM

The reason I thought about this was several time we hear others bring up that ponyexpress. I've been to toga's but years ago, Others I know say the

as far as I know dick got out of treadle on, let some one else run that site same it was years ago. The forums closed. and went to quiltropolous ( sp) over the last few years when I look in there, at best there maybe 2 / 3 post a year with zero replys.

si if all thats is still taking place what site is it on ?

Steve thats as cool as all >> heaven.. at one time I did get into carriages or doing the work on them and friend still is. I have seen ones with something like that on the rear. In talk it came up that it's just an extension

kinda like todays trailer hitch plug in extension, seeing that add thinking now they did really have any idea those where marketed for SM's.

often I wonder how treadle cabinet were shipping via frieght wagons, long distance, because of space available in a wagon they had to have been dismantled . many time went getting a treadle we find the wrench

that only fits nut on the frame / stand.

should a person want to do something like this ride share, these cabinet / stand can be taken apart in minutes and fit in a car
Old 01-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Cap'n Dick is still around. He has officially retired from hosting Togas, but he did do one last one at his home last October. I think but not positive that Treadleon has moved either to Facebook or Yahoo. I went to the Toga because a quilting friend of mine invited me to go with her. Dick sold most of his machine collection that day, his health is not good these days. It was an awesome day. Not only did I get to meet the Cap'n and many other members of Treadleon, but the Cap'n himself gave me one of his machines.

Cari
Old 01-27-2015, 04:13 PM

Treadleon is now on yahoo group and is going strong under the leadership of Cindy Peters. Cpt Dick still has his web site.