View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:47 AM
ThayerRags

This thread reminded me of a news article that I read just recently online. It was suggestions on ways to help keep your personal auto insurance costs down. They mentioned the obvious things like not getting traffic tickets, not forgetting to pay for your insurance when it’s due, and not turning in claims on small repairs that are under your deductible amount (the number of claims that you make effects your rate).

Other than not loaning your auto (when you do, you’re loaning your insurance too, so if they crash, your rates are going to go up), what caught my eye and I hadn’t even thought about, was using your personal auto for hire by getting paid to haul people or things. The way I understood it, most insurance companies frown on that, and some even cancel policies when they come up for renewal, then refuse to insure your auto except with a more costly commercial policy. I guess that the people that are participating in Uber and other ride-sharing programs that lists them online as a participant may be finding out about this.

CD in Oklahoma