View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
When sites ask for phone numbers - and won't let you continue without so doing - I just make up a number. You need to use an actual area code (so I use my actual) and then 555 and xxxx. I get way, way too many nuisance calls already. Don't need to add to the mix. If a phone number is required to progress on a site, I don't give them one at all.
Even when I write a check and they ask for my phone number, I have a special phony (get it?) number. I heard once that we don't have to ever give out our phone number because it is an invasion of privacy. We pay for that number, we don't have to give it out. I remember once I bought a whole weeks worth of groceries and they asked for my phone number - I said it was unlisted, I don't give it out. "We require a phone number". I said "That is against the law and is an invasion of privacy" and walked out. They had to uncheck all the food I bought and put everything away. I'll show my driver's license and that is it. If it isn't good enough for them, they aren't good enough for me. Iwill say this, though, and that is more people working in the store won't require one if you're ;nice. Actually, one of the people that asked me for my phone number and I said no, told me that they have to have A NUMBER to open the cash register. So that was how I started making up my "phon-y" number. I also told my husband - don't ever give out our phone number - better walk out of the store. Another place I don't go to is a place that will not accept a check. If my check isn't any good to you, why would my cash? Don't get me going here!!!!! Have a good day.Edie