View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 03:10 PM
cindi

If you've never had EQ, allow me to give you some words of advice. There are a few different quilt design programs out there. Look at EQ as a college course, not a grade school class. This isn't a hook-it-up-and-it-miraculously-works program, and - like college - the teacher doesn't care whether you do your homework (i.e. learn the program) or not. It's your responsibility to learn it. You paid for for your course (the program), and unless you study (i.e. read the book, take online courses, etc) and do the homework (practice what you learn) you're going to fail the class and hate the teacher (the program). This advice isn't to keep you from buying it. It's absolutely the BEST quilt design program out there! It's just to say that it's up to you to make the program work for you.

I've had EQ for years - and I still don't know it as well as I could - but what I do know I love. And I'm well aware that if I really want to learn all the ins-and-outs, I'm going to have to buckle down and really read and practice from the book that comes with the program. My friend Peggi is an absolute wiz at it, and we got it at the same time. She really dug in and learned the program. By the way, the book that comes with the program is a GREAT learning tool. Oh, and the EQ site has great tips, links to lessons, and a forum to help with questions!

Enjoy the program! You're gonna love it!!

Last edited by cindi; 01-27-2015 at 03:12 PM.