View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:16 PM
blueheavenfla

What several of you ladies don't realize is that the 1130 IS a computerized machine. I have one; the first delivered in the state of FL...even before the dealers got theirs. I LOVE it and was told essentially the same thing you were told about your 1130. My heart was broken. I have 20+ other machines including a Pfaff embroidery machine. I love the old vintage and antiques but my 1130 is my real love. I have 25-35 feet for it and didn't want to see that investment go down the drain. BUT as luck would have it, while I was at my local Pfaff dealer for help with my Pfaff, I spotted a case that looked suspiciously like the 1130 has. My immediate thought was, ah ha, a parts machine for me. I asked him about it and it was unclaimed. Knowing that my feet would also fit the 1230 that it turned out to be, I asked the price and we struck a deal once I tried its sewing capability. All that is to say, IF you love your 1130 and don't need/want the new bells and whistles watch for an 1130 or 1230 on Craigs List, Ebay, or SewItsForSale or your local dealers (let them know what you want and they will probably call you if one comes along). You have a back up machine so if your love affair with your 1130 isn't waning, stay strong and resist the siren call of those new chicks on the block. (LOL) Meanwhile you may find that she will last many more years and if you find another 1130/1230 and you like my thought of having one to use those same feet, buy it. It sure won't cost what the new ones do and you won't have to learn all about the more complex computerized machines. That leaves you more time to sew and more money for fabric.

Good Luck on making your decision! I hope whatever you choose will be the right decision for your sewing future. Let us know what you do.