Thread: acronyms
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Edie

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
I so agree with you!!! I notice words here like "boarders" for borders and "it's" for "its" as well as other misspellings. I was never allowed to become careless with my spelling when in school. Now, after 78 years, I have a damaged nerve in my dominant hand, and I am embarrassed to say that I often strike two letters at once when I mean to hit only one letter. This has caused me much grief; it is irreparable, but I notice the error every time.
Don't worry about your typing. I could read every word and I did not see a misspelled word at all. My husband used to get mad at me when I saw a misspelled word. I would even go in the store and tell them. Well, I figure if they can't spell the words, that says a lot about the quality of a product they are selling. Anyhow, he'd get upset with me.

I am 76 and I type like a raving fool - still try to keep up with 80 words per minute. Only problem, you ask? My brain goes faster than my hands. I am trying to figure out how to splint my two index fingers (Popsicle sticks, maybe) so I can pull the needle when I tie a quilt. And keep my left flip finger ( know what I mean?????) from getting another attack of Raynaud's Phenomenon (no dictionary for me!!!!) and my finger turns white and gets horribly painful.. I'll think of something, I am sure.

I want to thank everyone for agreeing with me and the others. I know there is no history anymore and thank God my granddaughter goes to a super school in New Prague, Minnesota where they teach Civics. That, too, is an important subject. I love History and Civics. I don't even think they have business classes in high school anymore. Can you imagine someone (including my granddaughter) who can text but put her in front of a keyboard and she looks dumb. Speed and accuracy tests every Friday. Heck, I even took one year Shorthand. Hated that - Ended up as a stenographer with the old Edison wax tubes that he invented the phonograph on. That was in 1956. No regrets. The kids think I am from way way back when I tell them about the Ediphone I used for transcribing dictation that the bosses used by talking into something that sort of looked like a hearing trumpet!!!!! These kids are missing out on so much.

Enough. I have to get back to my sewing.

Have a great weekend. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 02-06-2015 at 12:34 PM.