View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:52 AM
farmquilter

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
You and I are in the same boat...I only hope it's not the titanic! I do as little on computer, tablet, phone as possible. If i do want to research something, I will do a search on the net, find all the links, find the one(s) I may want and be done with it. However, as an aside, I do like watching YouTube quilting tutes......better than when they were on tv......jmho
I agree with Edie and Geri B, I only research things other than the digests I get that pertain to quilting or my canning, food drying. I finally got a cell phone for emergency and long distance calling. Just have my lap-top and printer to print out some directions or a recipe that I want in Wordpad.
A retired friend now has one of the newer phones, a tablet and is SO VERY into Pinterest and FB, then she complains of no time or energy to do her daily chores. She is on one or the other all the time.
I prefer to spent time via email with a relative in CA and my daughter in NM.
Am not into spending so much time looking at all the ideas available online.
I do watch YouTube for how-to do something new, like the set of round knitting looms. Can make a lot of very useful things with them, useful items being the key factor.