View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by sassysews2 View Post
I originally got mine at the Dollar Store. Got the bright idea to spray the edges with tacky craft glue and stuck it down. Worked really good for several months, maybe a year or more. Then I needed to remove it and boy was that a mess. Worked hours to remove the sticky residue. lol Now I bought one at the kitchen supply outlet and it's large enough to cut in half so I can use on both machines. These work really well but I've found that waxing the bed of my machines with car wax works nearly as good for fmq.

Sandee in MO
car wax!! great idea. when i started fmq on domestic years ago, i read about wadded up sheet of wax paper rubbed over machine bed. works great too, did it for uears before i tried the supreme slider. most recent little fmq project was a pillow top. just wouldn't move. tried wax paper again. nope. then realized that my wonderful new to me pfaff (90's techtronic) has a slightly pebbled textured surface. won't use it for fmq again. even for a pillow it will be worth the time to haul out & find room for the larger janome.