View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 01:17 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

you right that take up arm and links are not from a 66

I thought the tensioner was from a 201, but it's from a 237 style I didn't check the take up arm as a match to the 237 . The only difference between a 201 / 237 tension system was the location of the mount screw for the take up spring stop.
I have the machine working well again , I knew it must have worked good, it has seen a lot of use, it wasn't a closet queen
when I test sew, again this is a treadle. I use old bed sheets, so that 7 feet long, yes the in strips. using these 10 or 12 inch piece doesn't really tell you much. doing this I've used over 300 yds of thread it sews as good as any.

so two nights ago what the hay, I get out the hoop and a hopping foot ? the spring thingy that attaches to then needle bar. another full spool of thread 300 yds, ( 30 yr old thread)

This is about the 2nd time I've tried this and first ever using the spring deal..

I have to say it's kinda fun, I stopped and rewaxed the table top,(in hopes the hoop would slide around smoother ) and now am doing this using a 15 clone ( treadle)
butt what the hay..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509346[/ATTACH]

I'm still working on it's cabinet, building inner shelves that were mostly gone, and rebuilding it's lid, which is now soaking in water, thats to get the thing apart to reglue, the entire lid
Attached Thumbnails 100_0538.jpg