View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Rodney

Originally Posted by Littledreamdevil View Post
thank you everyone for the info on my machine (Kenmore model 158.13450). I truly thank every one for taking their time to help me .Now I have a place to start looking to get more equipment for sewing and when I get a little better with this machine, I will be getting me a new Sewing "buddy" But I will keep this old baby, still works and in good shape....but told hubby...."New machine do so mush more". Thank you all again. Oh by the way, still have a my singer model 27, still working ..I just love to sew on it.I have had this sewing machine since I was 12 years old.
Thank you All. littledreamdevil.
The last quilt I completed was sewn together with a Singer 27 treadle. All you really need for quilting is a decent straight stitch machine. If you work with knits a zigzag stitch is good to have. The fancy stitches are fun to play with but aren't essential for most sewing chores. You have to spend serious money on a top end new machine to match the quality of most vintage machines. Even then the vintage machines have the advantage of no circuit boards to fail. If you're going to spend money on a new machine I recommend one with a built in walking foot. I know the Pfaff with that feature that I sewed on was nice.
Rodney