View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Geri B

Default Problem with fusible appliqué

Yesterday the pumpkin seed template arrived from MSQC, so this morning I went to my sewing cave because I had decided to make a tablerunner to check it out. Watched the tute again, just to make sure...pulled fabs, cut seeds, used GO to cut 5" squares, found my fusible interface, cut that....and began.....it was fun making the blocks...so then I began to sew two blocks together using the 1/4" foot as usual........sewed up to the "bulk" created by the two petals coming together....stitches would not connect.......tried using the gig-a-ma-gig(?) that comes w/accesories....did not work, so removed that and tried just feeding it thru.....instead it went around that bulk thus made a crooked narrower seam at that point???not acceptable! And, I do sew slow so here I am asking for hints.......I do now recall in the tute Jennie said to "Trim those corners" before flipping out....now I think I know why...maybe I did not "trim" high enough up on that petal....I did this with my BL ellure +, after I send this I am going to go back and try this on my "older" Viking......this needs a machine that "travels" over different thicknesses as it sews...like my long ago Singer did.....then I am going to call the dealer I purchased this BL from 3 yrs ago and listen to her recommendation on how to do this........I'm thinking maybe I should move that needle way to the right, first change the 1/4" foot, but then I'd have to almost draw that 1/4" seam allowance on fabric...... I writing to let others know if they do this pattern there may be a problem......or it might just be me........