View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Basketman

Now I am confused as well...I just checked my supply cabinet and came across a roll of tear away fusible stabilizer and it mentions great for paper piecing quilt blocks? I have used the newsprint version where you sew through the paper and tear away the paper later and the freezer paper method where you flip and sew, but all the paper pieced quilts I have made required a pattern to follow and this is a blank roll and if you tried to print something on the surface and there was any heat involved...good bye printer. So are you supposed to trace the pattern, being sure you have it reversed, and treat it like you would newsprint? If this is the technique employed, why would you tear the stabilizer away...it is not that bulky...so why bother? For the life of me, unless I am having a brain freeze, I cannot see where you could use this for paper piecing...unless you are doing something scrappy and the sewing is random and you do not need to follow a particular design. I am not confusing this with applique....or using this products for stabilizing a fabric as you embroider. I hope I am not so confused that I appear to be hijacking this post ...I think we are both talking about the same thing.

Last edited by Basketman; 02-11-2015 at 11:36 AM.