View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 04:34 PM
nancysp

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

Yes, that's the video which clearly demonstrates how to use 'The Binding Tool' but like others on multiple threads here on this board and different threads via Google say, that the online demonstration just doesn't translate to actually being successful in using it for me. I just cannot get the ends to meet. In fact there are multiple threads or once was on the MSQ forum with quilters having difficulties with the tool.

I fortunately had enough fabric when I got to the point of joining the ends, and wasn't too short at the end that I was able to 'wing' it into place but nothing like Jenny demonstrates. It's not an expensive tool so if it doesn't work for you then you can always make the friendship braid and isn't that great when you can use a tool for multiple quilts?

Again, my favorite and only way I apply binding is via the Heirloom Creations demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh90tXr7g4which no special tool is needed.
I love the binding tool. It took me a while to learn to use it, but I finally took notes and drew little pictures and keep with the ruler. It really works perfectly if you use it properly.