Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
mpspeedy

Hi, I guess I am not normal. Unless I have a whole lot going on in my life at the time I can do a typical queen size quilt in about 6 weeks. I am a Domestic Goddess and legally disabled. I don't do my own cleaning. I cook about one meal a day, my husband does the dishes. I do laundry once a week and I grocery shop. I read a lot and spend at least an hour a day on the computer. I do most of my quilting while watching TV in the evenings with my husband.
My husband usually gives me a new long flannel nightgown for Christmas. This year there were none to be found in any store. He gave me a gift certificate to Joanns. I bought a pattern and fabric with the giftcard and made myself a long pink flannel gown. I even did two motifs on it with my embroidery machine. It took me about 4 hours from cutting to hemming. It sure has come in handy this week as the weather and temperture has been nasty cold. I once worked for a Bernina dealer who also did custom dressmaking and alterations. She often pressed the half speed button on my sewing machine when she looked over my shoulder while I was working for her. My first job was as a lab technician for the state health dept. Everyday we had three deliveries of speciamans. I got used to getting the job finished before the next wave of things came in. That was 40 years ago and I still do most things that way. I guess that is why I quilt so fast.