Thread: Walmart fabric
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Carol34446

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
I was in Wal mart after Christmas looking for fleece with penguins and found a 10 yard bolt marked $4.47 so I bought it and it rang up $2.50 a yard, yea, but not knowing how many kids would be in the class (my granddaughter's classes are small for she is special needs)I knew 10 yards would not be enough for I'm making each a throw. Last Friday night I was buying groceries and went into the fabric dept looking for something to make pillowcases for my guild, we are doing a project all year for a children hospital, and guess what I found. YES, another bolt of the same fleece, penguins. I asked the clerk to check the price, she said it's $4.47. She scanned it, oh no she said, it $2.50, I'll take all 10 yards, thank you very much. You see the other parents, grandparents don't do anything for these kids, I love all these kids, and don't care what color their skin is, Isabella is one of three white one and there is four black ones. Some have autism and don't speak, Isabella is delayed so she does talk and walk, so we are very grateful for what she can do. Like I said I love these kids. Some of these won't be in her class this coming up Christmas but some will and I got a Penguin party planned. Thanks for listening to me.
Good for you and your granddaughter is lucky to have such a great grandmother. I have bought at Wal Mart and when you can feel the fabric you can get some great stuff reasonable. We have one quilt shop and another shop and I have found same material as Wal-Mart $1.-2. or more a yard more. Quilt shop is beyond my price point. The joys of being retired and limited income.

Last edited by Carol34446; 02-18-2015 at 06:36 AM.