View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 04:49 AM
Edie

My mother died 1-1/2 years ago and we kept all the glass, pottery, porcelain, china cups and saucers. Actually, my two sisters and I divided up the cups and saucers and I had plate rails put over the front room and living room windows - total (8 windows) and they are all displayed for everyone to see. I drink my glass of wine out of Mom's glasses and I treasure the most gorgeous cut glass bowl (would never sell that). And I have a son and daughter in law and two granddaughters and a grandson and two great grandchildren. I'll save them for them. Keep it in the family. So many people got rid of stuff without realizing what they had and it is gone forever.

Sad story, my grandmother told me to take a pair of Mercury glass vases. I told her to keep them for my cousin -- years pass - he gets involved in drugs, he sells the Mercury glass vases for the drugs - he died. I could have taken them. Only because I wanted them to stay in the family.

These are my own thoughts. I lost my husband and my mother within four months of each other and everything is so very precious to me. Even my husband's watch that doesn't run anymore. And a Hershey's Kiss silver necklace of my mother's.

Please don't be too anxious. Sit on them for a while and if it becomes absolutely necessary, go ahead, but once they leave your hands, they are gone forever. At least I know they are safe and sound here.

You have my sincerest condolences. I know how you are feeling. Edie