Old 02-21-2015, 10:15 AM
MFord

Arrow Wedding Ring block - I don't really want to do this!

My friendship group is meeting tomorrow and will be working on the Wedding Ring block. We have the Accuquilt die so cutting will be easy, but I'm concerned about doing it.

First - I had hand surgery about 7 weeks ago and my hand still hurts quite a bit, especially when I do small, tight movements (like typing!). I think this is going to be pretty difficult for me to do.

Second - I have so many projects going, I hate to start another one, especially a difficult one. I have a wedding quilt due by early June and some Linus quilts going, plus the big one for my son...and so on.

Third - I don't really know what fabric to use. I feel as though if I were going to make this I'd like to make at least a throw size, although we would probably only get one or two blocks done tomorrow.

On the other hand, I don't want to disappoint my friends. They like to all work on the same thing since we only get together once a month.

So, do I suck it up for 3 hours? I have plenty of fat quarters I could take. Or, do I take an easy project and blame it all on my hand? Please help me decide! Thank you!