Old 02-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Caroline94535

Default A little Singer 15 followed me home from the Thrift Store today

I went back to the Thrift Store where I'd been stalking a sweet little Singer 15- (there's no number after the dash) and asked the clerk if I could plug it in. He brought out a long extension cord and plugged it in.

The little jewel ran like a charm. It has a straight stitch and a reverse stitch, tension control, stitch length control, and a light. I didn't take time to see if the feed dogs would drop, but I think they do. It came in a small cabinet with on tip-out drawer in the front. The cabinet will need some refinishing TLC this summer.

The "foot control pedal" is mounted inside the cabinet to the lower right. There are two large buttons on it near the inside front of the cabinet; the textured one runs the machine. I don't know if the pedal is supposed to unclip and sit in the floor, or if there should be a bar hanging down to press with my knee, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. The cabinet has an oil can clip on the left side. I'll have to find a vintage Singer oil can to put there.

My 1952 Pfaff 130 came not only with her own feet, but several Singer feet and accessories. I can't wait to see which ones work with Ms. Singer.