View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 03:21 PM
tessagin
Power Poster

Love your room.
Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
When I first started sewing, prior to kids, I used the kitchen table and we ate on the other half LOL When we had kids, I still used the table but had to pick up everything for dinnertime meals, a pain. Once the middle son left home I converted his bedroom into a sewing room/spare bedroom. The room was small 8.5 x 10 but installed cabinetry on one wall and shelving in the closet to accommodate my projects. Worked great except our two Goldens and my husband considered it a spare family room and all four of us were in the room TOGETHER, ugh. My husband would lay on the twin bed watching the TV and the dogs would lay behind my sewing chair so I was pinned in LOL. When we bought a retirement house I swore there would be no bed or TV in the sewing room. I now have the smallest of our two spare bedrooms exclusively, and also use the guest bedroom closet : ) My husband has his recliner in front of the TV in the great room (visible from my sewing room) or his workshop in the basement and so far, the new pups are gated OUT of the sewing room. They are only 9 months old and still pick up EVERYTHING off the floor, so it isn't safe for them yet. The room is small, approx. 10.5' x 11.5' but well organized. I started with our old dining room table (remember that table?) up on bed risers for a cutting/ironing table, but when I got my Tiara last year, my husband made a smaller table to utilize the space better. I have a design wall that retracts over the window, fat quarters in a compartment over the cutting table, notions hung on the wall, bookcases hold fabric and books etc. The more organized you are, the more you can store and FIND. Both closets have wire shelves installed (by me) in a "U" shape and hold more fabric/projects in clear totes that are labeled. Here are some pics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511517[/ATTACH]