View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Blackberry

Default Is This A True 99K???

I got this machine at the thrift store yesterday mainly for $35 because of the beautiful wood dome shaped case. The machine itself if very petite with decals in very nice shape. It does run but needs oil and a good cleaning. The serial number dates this machine to Sept 5 1951 but it just doesn't seem to match up what I think it should be. The tension assembly seems to be one singer used in the early 1900s as well as the stitch regulator, the bobbin winding mechanism doesn't seem to fit the 99K, the sewing foot and screw doesn't look like what I am used to seeing, the motor attachment is one I am not familiar with, the light attachment seems odd and looks like someone angled it off for some reason, the pegs that attach the machine to the case are not familiar to me, the right end of the case also has an unfamiliar way of attaching top to bottom although the other side is like I usually see them. Also, does anyone know the name of the decals on this machine. I think they are quite lovely. I love the dome shaped case but am wondering if the top of the case actually goes with the base.
Attached Thumbnails bobbin-windng.jpg   foot.jpg   tension-assembly.jpg   stitch-regulater.jpg   singer-motor.jpg  

motor-attched-arm.jpg   light-attachment.jpg   case-attachment.jpg   case-attachment-pegs.jpg