View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Dollyo

Default Garden Twist Accessories - Rug

Here is the link to my posting on http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t248171.html. I am slowing adding accessories to the set. The two rugs are made w/the packed floral w/one of my favorite fabrics Moonlight teal glitter - narrow border, then pink batik border, bound in the dark green. Same pantograph, same thread. I've made rugs before using towels as the backing and felt as the batting (stiffer than batting). Just a touch too thick to put on the frame without raising the foot. I didn't want to do that as it is quilting like a dream. So, I used 2 layers of poly felt from JAF, white in the middle and the dark green as the backing. Not a lot thicker than a quilt sandwich, but stiffer. The beauty of using felt is that there are so many colors to choose from and it's 72" wide for the backing. Sprayed the back w/Super Grip. Also completed 2 nightstand toppers (look just like the rugs, only in miniature). Making a dresser runner using the Garden Twist pattern. Will post pics as soon as completed. Working on 2 pillow shams to match. Doing a faux piped mock double flange (looks like 2 layers of fabric). Learned that from EB - her log cabin book has a mock double ruffle for a pillow. I've used it to make pillow shams.
Just read the first post, I added the nightstand toppers to my list and I'm going to do a lampshade using the floral bouquet w/faux piped binding on the top and bottom of the shade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511806[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]511807[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1-garden-twist-rug.jpg   2-garden-twist-rug-back.jpg