View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 03:37 PM
DebD800

LIke Suzanne, I really don't care to do projects with groups. It seems that most classes I've attended (of all kinds throughout the years) have had various issues already discussed, with the clique problem being the worst. My most effective learning is self-paced from home, either by watching/reading tutorials online or by taking Craftsy classes. With the Craftsy classes, the instructors I like best have voices that are pleasant (Edyta Sitar is my favorite), are obviously interested/excited to be teaching their topic (Kimberly Einmo comes to mind), and emphasize that perfection is not to be expected without a lot of practice (Angela Walters is great at this). I did take a class from an instructor whose voice was so droning that I could only get to the middle of the second lesson before I gave up. Occasionally an instructor will spend a little too much time on background information, or on figuring out which way to place their pieces to make the block come out right. I find the latter especially annoying, as it often demonstrates a lack of preparedness that may carry through the entire class.