Thread: Help OBW
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Mailmanldy

Personally, I love OBW quilts and I have made at least 5 or 6 of them. Each fabric has it's own unique look to it. It is hard to see what your quilt would look like from the close up picture you posted. But I agree with a number of posts to put up the blocks up on a design wall, and arrange them in a pleasing manner. Walk away for a few hours or the next day, and look at it again. If a few blocks need to be moved, then move them around.. then walk away again. I will leave my OBW on the design wall for at least a week, if not longer, until I can look at it, and not want to move anything around. It may be helpful to take pictures of layouts you like, and get close enough to see the blocks, so if you do move things around and don't like it, you will be able to put it back to a way you did like. It also helps to look at the picture on your computer, and if anything jumps out at you, you know it needs to be moved.
The layout of the OBW is not something to be rushed, it does take some time to get it the way you like, and there is no right or wrong way.. just what you find pleasing.