View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by RosaSharon
I can't resist jumping in here---so many You Tube teachers go through blah, blah, blah before even getting started. I just want to learn the "how to" and not hear all the reasons why I need to know.
!
I'm possibly (probably) one of those instructors. I do this because some people learn a topic easier / better if they understand the why and the how, rather than just the how. I'm one of those learners and struggled a lot in school because of it. As an instructor, one of the most delicate balancing points is how to teach a topic. Everyone learns differently so how do you present it so that everyone has the best chance at learning. Even then you do get the odd student that it bounces off of anyway.

My teaching topic is not quilting though, it's sewing machine maintenance and repair so I feel that the theory is very important so the topic can be applied to machines other than the one I'm demonstrating on.

The great part about a Youtube video is not only can you watch over and over but you can skip what you're not interested in.