View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
kristakz

I rarely take classes, simply because I prefer to learn on my own. I would be one of those annoying students who made it seem like a race. It's not that I'm racing, but I do work quickly, and I've usually read ahead and know what's coming next already. So you should all be glad I just teach myself

I do however teach quilting classes. I hope I'm not one of those annoying teachers you talk about. I try to give everyone equal 1-on-1 time during class. And if someone is way behind, I stick to my schedule/plan and then circle back with them privately, after I've introduced the class to the next step. So at least the whole class isn't held back by one slow person. I've had a few students bend expectations - like not bringing a machine to a class, or wandering out to shop. But I guess I've been lucky - they've been subtle about it, and while the wandering off bothered me, I was able to let it go. The no-machine person had a plan - she did alll her cutting in class, took good notes, left 1/2 hour early each time, and was the only person who finished the top by the last class.