Thread: PayPal
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Jeanne S

It is very easy! I use it all the time for buying and selling. Just go to PayPal and set up your account. You can link it to your bank checking account and/or a credit card. It uses your email address as your paypal account name. It has been a long time, but I think there was a few day process where it made a deposit of a few pennies into my bank account and then I had to verify the amount deposited until it was active, so give it a few days 'set up' before you need it. Once it is active, it is very easy to transfer money to or from your bank account into/out of paypal. Once you tell it to transfer money to your bank account it usually takes 3 days to 'settle' and you see the deposit in your bank account. There is a transaction fee for getting payments from others into your paypal account; there is a flat minimum and then a percentage of the amount received. Seems like the minimum is $.46 or thereabouts. I don't think they charge to make a payment out of your paypal account because they charge the recipient of the funds. Just choose a 'heavy duty' password for your paypal account, you don't want anyone hacking into it and taking your funds! I sell items on ebay, and it links up great with that, and it probably works the same for Etsy, etc.